Model-Based Tester Extension Syllabus
The Model-Based Tester Extension is based on the ISTQB® Model-Based Tester Extension Syllabus.
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) provides it to the national examination bodies for them to accredit the training providers and to derive examination questions in their local language.
Training providers will produce courseware and determine appropriate teaching methods for accreditation, and the syllabus will help candidates in their preparation for the examination.
To receive the Model-Based Tester Extension certification, candidates must hold the Foundation Certificate.
Model-Based Tester Extension Contents
Model-Based Tester Extension Learning Objectives
Certified model-based testers should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
- Objectives and motivations for model-based testing
- Activities specific to MBT and essential MBT artifacts
- Integrating MBT into the software development lifecycle
- MBT modeling (good practices, languages, types of MBT models)
- Test selection criteria used in model-based testing
- MBT test implementation and execution
- Evaluating and deploying an MBT Approach