The Agile Tester Extension is based on the ISTQB® Agile Tester Extension Syllabus.
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB®) provides it to the national examination bodies for them to accredit the training providers and to derive examination questions in their local language.
Training providers will produce courseware and determine appropriate teaching methods for accreditation, and the syllabus will help candidates in their preparation for the examination.
To receive the Agile Tester Extension certification, candidates must hold the Foundation Certificate.
The Agile Tester Extension Syllabus can be downloaded here.
Agile Tester Extension Exam Structure
Similar to the Foundation Level Certification exam, the Agile Tester Certification exam will comprise of 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark of 65% to be completed within 60 minutes.
Check detailed info about Exam Structure
Agile Tester Extension Learning Objectives
Certified agile testers should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
- The Fundamentals of Agile Software Development
- The different agile approaches
- The Differences between Testing in Traditional and Agile Approaches
- Testing in Agile Projects
- Roles and skills of a tester in Agile Projects
- Agile testing techniques and methods
- Assess product quality risks within an Agile project
- Estimate testing effort based on iteration content and quality risks
- Tools in Agile Projects